If you are purchasing or transferring a firearm from out of state, the transfer must take place through a Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer (even if the transfer is between relatives). If you are transferring or selling a firearm to a person not known to you, an FFL can make sure the firearm is not transferred or sold to a prohibited person and provide you with documentation verifying the transfer. Please contact Family Firearm Safety LLC before purchasing or acquiring firearms for transfer.
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2024
Please call for authorization before completing purchases from online sellers. Failure to do so may result in your firearm not being accepted at delivery.
Transfer of Handguns, Rifles, & Shotguns that was authorized prior to finalizing the purchase: $30 per firearm
Transfer of Handguns, Rifles, & Shotguns that was not authorized prior to finalizing the purchase: $35 per firearm
Expedited Transfer: $50*
Firearm Return To Sender: $55 minimum + actual shipping costs.
Pickup of your firearm at UPS or FedEx hub (if available): $50
* Expedited service is available if you need your firearm in a hurry or need special arrangements. Expedited transfers include guaranteed acceptance on the first delivery attempt (must be approved in advance and provide tracking info 24 hrs in advance), transfer outside of business hours and guaranteed pickup on same day of receipt of firearm. Standard transfers may receive these services at no additional charge subject to availability and without guarantee.
NFA items received without prior approval will be returned to the sender after payment of a $100 service fee plus actual shipping costs. This return process could take several weeks.
Gun Lock: All Firearms must have a gun lock when leaving the premises. If the seller or manufacturer of your firearm does not provide one, cable locks are available for $5 per firearm.
Storage Fee: $5 per day if firearm is not picked up within 7 days of notification.
Non-Firearm Items* received with your firearm: $10 per item
*including but not limited to ammunition, bayonets, knives, jewelry, and accessories.
Here are our policies relating to handling of firearms transfers:
1. If you are purchasing or receiving a firearm, you should contact Family Firearm Safety LLC before initiating the purchase/transfer.
2. Family Firearm Safety LLC will not transfer any firearm unless your permanent driver's license, Kansas concealed carry license, or state-issued ID that has your current address listed. Temporary ID's, Paper ID's, and supplemental documentation will not be accepted without approval prior to shipment from the seller. Approval is required before each purchase or acquisition. If an item has a delayed shipment status, approval should be requested when the item is ready to ship due to rapidly changing laws and regulations.
3. Family Firearm Safety LLC does not accept firearm shipments from private individuals without prior permission. This policy is in place to protect you, the customer. UPS & FedEx does not allow shipment of firearms by private individuals and may confiscate the firearm if they discover it.
3. An FBI NICS background check will be conducted, and the transferee must receive a suitable response from the system. The background check can only be initiated after we receive the firearm and a 4473 is completed.
4. The firearm will be checked to verify that it is legal to possess according to State and Federal law.
5. All packages received via a courier are opened and inspected to verify firearm serial numbers, and all firearms are logged in. We do not inspect for condition or suitability. Firearms requiring special handling must be approved before shipment to Family Firearm Safety LLC.
6. Any firearm that is believed to be illegal to possess by you or us, under state or federal law, is reported to the ATF or local authorities immediately. (ex. fully automatic firearms, short barrel rifles, etc.)
7. I will secure your firearm along with my own, but I do not accept responsibility for loss or theft. You will be notified when it has arrived and are expected to pick it up within 48 hrs. of the notification.
8. We will not be responsible for any firearm shipped without Adult Signature Required under any circumstances. Adult Signature Required is mandated by all couriers and Federal Law. Failure to require a signature exposes the firearm to a high risk of theft.
9. If the firearm is not picked up within 7 days, a storage fee of $5 per day will be assessed, retroactive to when the firearm was received.
10. If you are not able to take possession of the firearm for any reason and the firearm needs to be shipped back to the sender, you are responsible for re-packing, handling, & shipping charges. There is a minimum additional $55 handling fee to return a firearm to the sender, in addition to any shipping costs. The firearm will be held as collateral until all fees are paid in full. Firearms will not be returned until transfer, handling, and shipping fees are paid.
11. All firearms must be picked up and transferred to the person listed on the receipt and packing materials. If there are any discrepancies, the firearm is required to be returned to the sender. If the firearm is unable to be transferred to the person listed on the receipt and packing materials, the firearm must be returned to sender after payment of shipping and out-going transfer fee.
12. If the firearm must be returned to the sender and they do not possess a valid FFL, the firearm will be shipped to an FFL of their choice for transfer back to them.
13. If you are unable to take possession of the firearm and it cannot be returned to the sender, the firearm will be sold. A 20% consignment fee ($100 minimum) in addition to the transfer fees will be retained by Family Firearm Safety LLC and remaining moneys will be forwarded to the transferee.
14. Any firearm not picked up after 30 days will be sold to pay for fees incurred.
15. If a firearm received without documentation that specifies who it is to be transferred to, we will attempt to contact the sender using information on the address label. If we are unable to contact them, the firearm will be held for 30 days. After 30 days, the firearm may be sold to pay for fees incurred (transfer and storage fees).
Once you have decided to use me as your transfer agent:
· Notify me via email that you accept the above terms and conditions.
· Provide me with your contact information; phone and email.
· Let me know the auction number or order number, description of the firearm, and seller’s information (name, phone number, email).
· Contact the seller and provide them with my FFL information and ask that they provide me with a tracking number once the firearm ships.
· Receive the package, open it and verify serial numbers of the contents.
· Contact you within 1 business day via email or phone to let you know it has arrived and is ready for pickup
· Have you fill out a form 4473 and conduct a background check. Only then will you be allowed you to take possession per Federal, State, and local laws.
All policies are subject to change without notice due to rapid and frequent changes to Federal & State Laws, and ATF regulations, policies, and procedures.
If you are purchasing or receiving a firearm, you should contact Family Firearm Safety LLC before initiating the purchase/transfer.